Compassionate and Relentless Legal Representation
Jason Horton Law is dedicated to defending individuals facing drug trafficking charges in Texarkana. Our team understands the gravity of these charges and is committed to providing unwavering support and a vigorous defense for our clients. When you need a Texarkana drug trafficking lawyer who will fight tirelessly to safeguard your rights, you can trust us to deliver exceptional legal representation.
Call Jason Horton Law today at (903) 226-8335 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our drug trafficking attorney in Texarkana.
What is Drug Trafficking?
Drug trafficking is a serious criminal offense involving the illegal sale, distribution, transportation, or manufacturing of controlled substances such as narcotics, prescription drugs, or illegal drugs. In Texas, drug trafficking laws are particularly strict and carry severe penalties. These offenses are also typically prosecuted at the federal level, which can result in even more severe consequences.
Drug trafficking activities may include:
- Distribution: Selling or delivering controlled substances to other individuals.
- Transportation: Moving drugs from one location to another with the intent to distribute.
- Manufacturing: Producing illegal drugs or controlled substances.
- Possession with Intent: Having a significant quantity of drugs and evidence indicating intent to sell or distribute.
What are the Penalties for Drug Trafficking in Texas?
Drug trafficking convictions in Texas can result in severe penalties, including:
- Lengthy Prison Sentences: Convictions for drug trafficking can lead to lengthy prison sentences, often with mandatory minimums. These sentences can range from several years to life in prison, depending on the type and quantity of drugs involved.
- Heavy Fines: Defendants may face substantial fines that can reach thousands or even millions of dollars, depending on the scale of the operation and the drugs in question.
- Asset Forfeiture: Law enforcement agencies may seize assets connected to drug trafficking, including vehicles, cash, and property.
- Loss of Rights: Convictions can result in the loss of various civil rights, including the right to vote, possess firearms, and hold certain professional licenses.
- Permanent Criminal Record: A drug trafficking conviction can leave a lasting mark on your criminal record, making it challenging to find employment and housing in the future.
- Federal Charges: In some cases, drug trafficking offenses may lead to federal charges, resulting in even more severe consequences.
Defenses Against Drug Trafficking Charges
Some common defenses against drug trafficking charges may include the following:
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If law enforcement violated your Fourth Amendment rights by executing an unlawful search or seizure, any evidence obtained may be suppressed, potentially leading to the dismissal of charges.
- Lack of Intent: Proving that you did not have the intent to distribute drugs can be a strong defense strategy.
- Chain of Custody Issues: We can examine the evidence against you to ensure proper procedures were followed to handle and store the drugs in question.
- Witness Credibility: Challenging the credibility of witnesses and informants who may have provided information leading to your arrest.
- Entrapment: If you were coerced or manipulated by law enforcement into committing drug trafficking activities, we would explore the possibility of an entrapment defense.
- Insufficient Evidence: Demonstrating that the prosecution lacks adequate evidence to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Texas Court Resources
Arkansas Court Resources
If you or a loved one is facing drug trafficking charges in Texas, you need a reliable legal advocate who will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and pursue the best possible result for your case. At Jason Horton Law, we have the experience, knowledge, and resources to deliver a strong defense on your behalf. We understand the urgency of your situation and will work diligently to provide you with the legal guidance and representation you need during this challenging time. Your future is too important to leave to chance. Let us help you navigate the legal process and fight for your rights.
Contact Jason Horton Law today to get started on your defense with our Texarkana drug trafficking lawyer.